The church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Our facilities are available to active members and active attendees only.
Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws. Nor may church facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the church’s faith or moral teachings. The pastor, or his official designee, is the final decision-maker concerning use of church facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. (2 Cor 6:14; 1 Thess 5:22.)
Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that the church strives to promote. It could also cause confusion and scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, the church agrees with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using its facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith use any church facility. Nor may church facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the church’s sanctuary, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God. (Col 3:17.)
Facility Use Guidelines
1. Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
2. Smoking Policy: No smoking on church premises.
3. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
4. Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
5. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
6. Clean-up: Clean-up is your responsibility. Please bag all trash and leave it by the back door.
7. Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
8. Any person or group must sign the “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form prior to reservation of church facilities.
9. The pastor or official designee must approve all uses of church facilities.
Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement
Our building and the equipment in it are not ours but God's. As such we need to be good stewards of what He has entrusted to us. Use of our building and equipment is for members or active attendees only. If you would like to use the building or borrow equipment (tables, chairs, grill, etc.) please fill out this form and return it to the church office at least 2 weeks prior to your event. You will be contacted if we are able to place your event on the church calendar.
Event date:______________________ Return date (equipment only) ___________________
Event Time: _______________ Set-up Time: ____________ Tear Down Time: _________
Event Purpose: ____ Personal. ____ Ministry
Contact Email: _______________________________________________________
Rooms needed: ___ Sanctuary. ____ Fellowship Hall. ____ Kitchen. ____ # of classrooms
Equipment needed: ____ # Tables. ____ # Chairs. ____ Event Grill. ____ Van*
Other equipment: ________________________________________________________
Publicity: ____ Bulletin. ____ Newsletter (if possible)
*Van usage must be cleared with the deacons/trustees to approve your driver.
Pastor Approval: _______
I affirm that:
1. I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be used in a way that contradicts its faith or by persons or groups holding beliefs that contradict the church’s faith.
2. To the best of my knowledge the purpose for which I am requesting use of church facilities will not contradict the church’s faith, and I commit to promptly disclose any potential conflict of which I am aware or become aware to church staff.
3. I am not aware of any beliefs that are professed by me or the organization I represent and which is requesting use of the church’s facilities that contradict the beliefs of the church. I agree to promptly disclose any potential conflicts in belief to church staff.
4. I understand that the church does not allow its facilities to be generally available to the public, and that my use of these facilities is subject to the pastor’s approval, which is conditioned in part on my agreement to the requirements in the “Church Facility Use Policy,” a copy of which I have read and understood.
5. I understand that I will be responsible for any damages to the church facilities resulting from this proposed use of facilities.
6. The church believes disputes are to be worked out between parties without recourse to the courts. See, generally, Matthew Chapter 18 and 1 Corinthians Chapter 6. Accordingly, users of the facility agree to attempt resolution of any disputes through Christian mediation.